Take 5: Top Tips for Home Sellers
Selling your home can be an emotional, stressful and exciting experience. Here are some top 5 tips to help you have a smooth transaction:
- THE RIGHT AGENT. Your real estate agent will be your rock throughout selling your home, so it is incredibility important that you select an agent who is right for you! Don’t be afraid to meet with multiple agents and make sure to interview each one.
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK. The housing market can change on the dime so it is important for you to consult with a real estate specialist when deciding what to price your home at (read more about home pricing strategies here). You will need to look at similar homes in the area that have recently sold and review local market trends, so use your real estate agent as that resource.
- MARKET YOUR HOME. South Florida is a unique and diverse area. Each community has its own character. Each neighborhood appeals to a different buyer. To obtain the highest possible sales price for your home, the marketing must reach the right buyers with the right message. You need to make your home stand out from the crowd and a qualified real estate agent can do just that! Request a copy of my Home Selling Marketing Guide today to help with selling your home!
- START THE MOVING PREPARATION EARLY. With the inevitable stress and time the selling process takes, it really helps to start preparing for a move as early as possible. Host a yard sale, donate items, and get ride of items that you haven’t touched in years. Lastly, make any necessary home repairs prior to any open houses and showings.
- DON’T SHY AWAY FROM NEGOTIATION. For some sellers, this can be the most daunting part of the selling journey, but it is essential for getting the best price for you. This is when you will want to lean on your agent to help craft strategic counteroffers and navigating through any home inspection repair negotiations.
Have Questions? Feel free to call me at 954.478.0547 or email me @ TinaCRealtor@gmail.com.